Almost 3 HOURS of herding sheepdog training on two disks
From The Golden Rule of Sheepdog Training and Starting a Puppy through to Driving, Shedding and Starting a Strong Dog and how to remain calm but firm during training.
This great 2xDVD set contains the first 17 sheepdog training tutorials that originally appeared as part of the online tutorial programme on the Working Sheepdog Website. It covers the topics that most handlers have questions about - from your pup's very first introduction to sheep, through outruns, close work and giving the sheep space, right up to more advanced work including driving and basic shedding.
Volume 3 has no less than 16 chapters of practical footage with superb graphics, slow motion and clear, instuctive commentary.
A great gift! - Save up to 10% - When you buy 2 or more volumes!
Buy Sheepdog Training Tutorials DVDs NOW!
(For despatch the same working day)
English Subtitles available at no extra cost (at time of order).
Please email us if you require English Subtitles.
Disk 1 Chapters
Disk one covers general issues of sheep work and how to get some control of your dog.
- First things first - revealed at last! The Golden Rule of Sheepdog Training!
- The Training Stick - how it can solve some common training problems.
- Starting a Young Puppy - 2 chapters - how to build confidence, right from the start.
- Starting a Strong Dog - A strong dog can be difficult to train, but it's well worth the effort.
- Give the Sheep Space - It's essential to keep the dog back off the sheep.
- Sticky Dogs! - how to cure what's commonly known as "eye".
- Calm but Firm - working with a sensitive but aggressive sheepdog.
Disk 2 Chapters
Disk two shows how to move on from the basics and teach the dog to do practical work around the farm.
- The Outrun - 2 chapters - get the outrun right and the rest should follow.
- Close Work - 2 chapters - teach your dog to help with sheep management.
- Driving - 3 chapters - how to put the sheep anywhere you want them.
- Shedding - more advanced work for sorting sheep out in the field.
There's also a chapter on the Sheepdog Whistle - the definitive guide to blowing the sheepdog whistle. This chapter has been lifted (and re-edited) from the "First Steps in Border Collie Sheepdog Training" DVD